|Mixed-media, Found objects|
|Surrealist, Dadaist, Joseph Cornell, Magical Realism|
|See all of Alyssia White's work here.|
Spread the word about Alyssia White
Mixed-media artist creating anachronistic art objects
A multi-disciplinary artist currently living and working in Calgary, Alberta, British-born and educated, Alyssia White received her degree in Drawing and Applied Arts from the University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol. Subsequently, Alyssia retained her base in Bristol, while she travelled and painted in South America, eventually settling in Canada.
Incorporating aspects of craft, design and literature, Alyssia combines poetry and mixed-media assemblage to create both two dimensional and sculptural works. Employing elements of Surrealism and the Magical Realism literary movement, her use of found objects is pivotal in her exploration of memory and narrative. This manifests in 'objet d'art' pieces which creates a blur between fiction and reality.
Alyssia currently resides in Calgary, Alberta.
- 2021 Solo Exhibition, Loophole Presents: Alyssia White | Loophole Art Space, Calgary, Alberta.
- 2021 Group Exhibition, Art in the Park (sponsored by City of Calgary) | Rotary Park, Calgary, Alberta.
- 2018 Co-writer,Words we never Wrote (at Hay Festival of Literature)| Richard Booth’s Bookshop, Hay-on-Wye, UK.
- 2017 Co-artist, Mural projects | Various locations, Peru and Argentina.
- 2016 Co-writer, Experiment i | Hachette UK, Carmelite House, London, UK.
- 2015 Group Exhibition, Sheffield International Artist Book Prize | Bank Street Arts, Sheffield, UK. Group Exhibition, Practice Place | Loft 6D, The Old Malt House, Bristol, UK. Group Exhibition, Drawing and Applied Arts Degree Show | UWE Bower Ashton Campus, Bristol, UK.
- 2014 Site-specific Installation, Jamaica Street Artists – Open Studio | Jamaica Street Studios, Bristol, UK.
- 2014 Group Exhibition, In-between | The Island, Bristol, UK.
See my Instagram page at: Alyssia White.