|Mixed medium, acrylics, watercolour, oil|
|Alex Corville, Robert Bateman, William Alsop, Michael Grave, market scenery photography of Malawi, and all Canadians.|
|See all of Smartex Tambala's work here.|
Spread the word about Smartex Tambala
Architect, designer and Olympian with a passion for creating African-influenced art
Born in Malawi, Smartex Tambala moved to Halifax, Canada, where he undertook his schooling. He was awarded a Diploma in Graphic Design and a Fine Arts Degree from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD). Later, he completed a Masters in Architecture and a Batchelors in Environmental Design.
A man of many talents, Smartex currently works as an architect and designer, and international residential developer, on projects in Canada, Ghana and Malawi. However, he continues to maintain his passion and talent for art.
Smartex’s travels, particularly in Africa, are his inspiration to create striking and colourful paintings. He has exhibited his art in galleries across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Bermuda.
If this wasn't enough, also a talented long-distance runner, Smartex competed in the Marathon at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and in the 1994 Commonwealth Games in British Columbia.
- Tynedale Art Exhibition, Ontario Faculty of Architecture, Dalhousie University
- Windjammer Art Gallery, Hamilton, Bermuda
- Artza Art Gallery, Nova Scotia
- Ivan Frazer Art Gallery, Nova Scotia
- Mount Allison Art Gallery, New Brunswick
- Dalhousie Art Gallery, Nova Scotia
- Anna Leonowens Art Gallery, Nova Scotia
- Mount St Vincent Art Gallery, Nova Scotia